- भारत सरकारGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
- वाणिज्य और उद्योग मंत्रालयMINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
To administer the responsibilities delegated under the Explosives Act 1884 and Petroleum Act 1934 and the rules made there under related to manufacture, import, export, transport, possession, sale and use of Explosives, Petroleum products and Compressed gases.
- Providing operational and technical Advice and Assistance to the Central Government, States, Local Bodies, Law Enforcement Agencies, Industry, Trade and end users of these products.
- Uphold the commitment to transparency and efficiency.
- Develope alert, Innovative, and well trained work force to achieve our goals.
- Embrace learning and change in order to meet the challenges of the future.
Explosive Act 1884
- Explosives Rules,2008
- Gas Cylinders Rules, 2004
- Static & Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unfired) Rules 1981
- Ammonium Nitrate Rules, 2012.
- Notification No. GSR 625 (E) dated 07.08.1983 regarding Acetylene
Petroleum Act 1934
- Petroleum Rules,2002
- Calcium Carbide Rules, 1987
- Cinematographic Film Rules 1948
- Inflammable Substance Act 1952
- Ensure public safety in the areas of manufacture, transport, storage, handling, etc. of Explosives, Petroleum, Carbide of Calcium, Inflammable substances and Compressed Gases.
- Advisory role in matters of safety to the government and semi-government bodies like Ports, Railways, Defence establishments & Ministry of Surface Transport, Environment & Forest, Petroleum Natural Gas, Pollution Control Authorities etc coming within the purview of Explosives Act 1884 and Petroleum Act 1934 and the rules framed thereunder.
- Framing National Standards concerning public safety in collaboration with BIS, OISD & other apex bodies and harmonizing Indian standards with international standards.
- Evaluation of new technologies finding applications in hazardous area for adoption in indigenous conditions within the purview of Explosives Act 1884 and Petroleum Act 1934 and the rules framed thereunder.
- Creating safety awareness amongst public.
- PESO is currently involved in regulation of over 2,56,000 premises all over India.